Prado Group thoughtfully seeks and carefully brings together a collection of retailers and merchants who reflect and enhance the unique characteristics of the community and neighborhood. Thoughtful and creative curation in leasing is integral to serving and inspiring people, as well as holding and increasing value over time.
We look at the broader community to understand their needs and aspirations, and build from there—balancing essential services, unique shopping and distinctive food opportunities, and experientially-oriented merchants.
We don’t believe in cookie-cutter communities. Integrating distinctive local merchants with national retailers, both boutique and corporate brands, insures that we serve a diversity of needs, desires, ages, styles, and income levels.
Movement, evolution and newness are essential to a thriving community, and we carefully select and mix our retailers and merchants to create a distinctive destination where a wide range of consumers can discover and be inspired.
What do people need around the corner? How can we make more time? What gap do we see? What niche do we fill?
Neighborhood: Inner Sunset, SF
- Prado identified an underutilized parking lot and adjacent building in the Inner Sunset neighborhood
- Prado was able to purchase the site in an off-market transaction
- Prado obtained planning approvals and built a groundfloor, neighborhood-serving cafe, La Boulangerie (later acquired by Starbucks)
- 12 rental condo flats above the retail and 3 rental townhomes
- The property was refinanced after completion
- Ownership elected to hold the condo units as rentals to align with long-term strategic objectives
- 2014 PCBC Grand Award for Best Mixed-Use Project